Businesses are the cornerstone of any healthy community, and that’s certainly true in Woodlawn. New businesses are offering much-needed amenities and services, and creating good jobs that are the foundation for neighborhood safety, stability and growth.
POAH works with businesses, community groups and entrepreneurs to expand commercial opportunities in Woodlawn including:
- Robust Coffee and Greenline Coffee - two popular stops for commuters, students, and neighbors
- Lala’s Land of Learning, a children’s day care center in the 7,000 square feet retail and office space on the first floor of Trianon Lofts at 61st and Cottage Grove
- Green Line Crossing POAH's first all-commercial venture at 63rd St. and South Cottage Grove Avenue. The project is a central component of the Chicago Transit Authority’s plan to modernize the terminus of the Green Line - a critical transit stop for nearby residents, shoppers and students at the University of Chicago
- The 48,000-square-foot Jewel Osco grocery store and drive-through pharmacy at 61st and Cottage Grove (2019) is a welcome convenience for a neighborhood lacking a full-service supermarket.
- Daley’s Restaurant, the oldest restaurant in Chicago dating back to 1918 in its location on E. 63rd Street. In its new location at Green Line Crossing, Daley's will continue to serve up a variety of homestyle classics & soul food, from waffles to pork chops for many more years to come.